My Group & I - we talk to Group Organisers
Our regular interviews find out how GTOs got into group travel organising, details of their group members, how they arrange group trips and holidays, and their preferred attractions, destinations and travel trade suppliers.
Reading the interviews is a great way of seeing how experienced travel people go about organising group travel. If you know someone we should feature, or if you're a GTO interested in talking to us, get in touch.
- UK Explorer Group Leisure chatted with Yvonne Edge about her experiences as a group travel organiser and her plans for the rest of 2015.
- First class act Carrie Martindale found out how one theatre trip 19 years ago led to Christine Wolfe taking hoards on holiday to exotic destinations such as Hong Kong and Hawaii.
- It's the little things Our latest My Group and I interview is with Sue Shapland from the Exmoor Extroverts. Alyssa Lim reports.
- Ask Alan Alan Hayes, one of last year’s Group Travel Organiser of the Year finalists, chatted to Carrie Martindale.
- Hearts and minds Pam Evans was awarded the accolade that is Group Travel Organiser of the Year 2014 - we found out how that made her feel.
- Viva Las Vegas Gary Crewe chatted to Helen Cannon about some of the exciting international destinations he has been to with his group.
- For the love of theatre Helen Cannon chatted with theatre and leisure club organiser Sally Rogers about how she runs a successful group.
- A hat for every group travel occasion We spoke GTO Andrea Golder about her trips, the skills needed to be a successful group organiser, and more.
- Preparation, preparation, preparation Vice-chairman of the Kidderminster Horticultural Society, David West, talked to us about organising a succesful gardening group.
- A winning attention to detail The 2013 winner of the Group Travel Organiser of the Year Award Lin Wilson explains why she thinks she deserved the top prize.